Ahfad University for Women
School of Health Sciences
Nutrition & Health Centre for Training & Research (NHCTR)
International Conference on
“Child Nutrition and Man-Made Crisis”
6th- 8th December 2016
The Nutrition and Health Centre for Training and Research (NHCTR), the research arm of the School of Health Sciences (SHS) at Ahfad University for Women (AUW), Sudan, is organizing a three days International Conference on “ Child Nutrition and Man-Made Crisis” in conclusion of the AUW Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration of its “Golden Jubilee”.
As part of AUW outreach efforts to the community, the conference is structured to be a scientific knowledge, experience, and practice-sharing one in order to promote child health and nutrition at both international and national levels. The main sub-themes suggested to be addressed will cover issues related to;
- Food security; a global call
- Food and nutrition for vulnerable groups
- Children under nutritional stresses in war-torn countries.
- Experiences and practices of NGOs in countries living under man-made crisis.
- Experiences and practices of UN Agencies in countries living under man-made crisis.
- Extent of food aid and tolerance of countries hosting refugees and displaced children.
Abstract should address one or more of the sub-themes mentioned earlier. More details on the conference matters will follow on website http://ahfad.edu.sd/health-sciences/index.php/conferences
Download: NHCTR2016 registration and abstract submission form
Deadline for submitting abstract 30 September 2016
Notification of acceptance 30 October 2016
Deadline for Registration 31 September 2016
Any further contacts and queries may kindly be addressed to:
Dr. Manal Abdeen, PhD
Joint Convener, Conference 2016
Tel: 00249912132000 - 00249912746540
We look forward to welcome you at AUW, Sudan in the near future.
Conference organizing Committee